We Offer a Variety of Services
Hunt & Peck Estate Services is a boutique estate liquidation and online auction company which has lovingly serviced the Washington DC Metropolitan area for over 15 years. We continue to operate and provide unique and concrete solutions to our clients.
We have added Hunt & Peck Online Auctions to our business model. We provide an exigent and safe estate auction service for people who still need to prepare their home for downsizing or a move during these unprecedented times.
Our estate specialist/business development director will review your estate and any images you send over. Note, not all estates will qualify for our services please refer to the list below for items which add significant value to a general household estate.
- Sterling silver or Gold Jewelry
- Collections such as vintage comic books, toys 1970’s and before
- Vehicles, Tractors, Farm, Yard and Garden .Equipment.
- Branded furniture such as Baker, Henkel Harris, Henredon, Kittinger
- Fine China
- Fine Art such as Paintings, Signed Prints, and Signed Sculptures
- Fine Oriental Rugs
- High Fashion – Chanel, Dior, Yves St. Lauren, St. John, Gucci, Prada
- Wine and Spirit Collections
If the estate qualifies, our estate specialist will schedule an in person walk-through of your home wearing appropriate PPE. Once there, we will walk you through the liquidation process an take the necessary photos and notes.
Once you have chosen Hunt & Peck Estate Services for your liquidation, a contract will be signed and the process will begin.
- Our team will coordinate pick-up of your items and transport to our auction company.
- Your estate items are inventoried, researched, photographed and cataloged.
Your estate items will be presented for online bidding to hundreds of thousands of bidders.
- After the close of the auction we will manage and assist with pick-up and shipping of all your estate items to respective winning bidders.
- After close of the auction, you will receive payment and auction records within 4 weeks.
We go beyond to serve our clients . . .
Recently our team assisted a client in the Greenbrier Building, whose position was incredibly unique. Due to Covid-19, the client was stuck in her apartment located in Milan, Italy. Our client was unable to return to the United States. During this time, her condo was on the market, had sold and was heading to closing. She had no way of disposing of her fine collection of furnishings, art and household possessions.
She hired Hunt and Peck Estate Services to deliver her finest pieces to auction, sell the collectibles online and purchase the remainder of the estate.
Hunt & Peck shipped her personal effects to Milan and her requested items were mailed to to her friends in across the US. In less than a week her home was empty and swept— ready for closing!
Hunt & Peck offers the same level of practiced care and boutique assistance to all of our clients during this precarious time.
We look forward to meeting your needs in the future!
Outstanding Artwork Auctioned
Hunt & Peck’s Third Auction, hosted online by Liveauctioneers.com featured fine art and objects from estates in Georgetown and Potomac, MD.
A new to market and exceedingly rare watercolor and red-chalk drawing by Joseph Mallord William Turner, RA (British, 1775-1885). Titled, Fishermen on the Shore.
- The watercolor, composed on blue, wove paper was originally painted for the artist’s landlady, Mrs. Sophia Bush (1798-1875). The work has a gallery tag to the back from Lowell Libson Gallery, and it was exhibited at the Art Museum of Ontario in Toronto for their exhibition, “Turner and the Romantic Landscape” in 1995. The painting was found, buried in the back room of a residence in Georgetown by a staff member who was prepping the home for an estate sale.
A pair of new-to-market landscapes by William Louis Sonntag, Sr. N.A. (American, 1822-1900).
- The landscapes were purchased by the client’s grandfather and descended in the family. This was the first time they had been offered for sale. Sonntag, one of the great American Hudson River School artists, is held in museums around the world, most notably: The National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C., The Metropolitan Museum of Art, and more.
Two paintings by renowned American actress, Katharine Hepburn (1907-2003).
- Paintings by Hepburn have not come to auction since the early 2000’s. According to Sotheby’s, which auctioned her works in 2004, “Hepburn is said to have made her first painting on Howard Hughes’ yacht in 1938, and over the years completed more than 50 works, many of which depict scenes from her travels as well as views of the Los Angeles house she shared with Spencer Tracy.”
Hunt & Peck Auctions offers a combined 35 years of broad-range specialism, their academic knowledge and research is instrumental to the sale of collections and estates.